So Wednesday morning, I am up at the crack of dawn because I am actually excited to go to the class, to get the ball rolling. I send my son off to school at 7:45am....and then feed my little one and get myself ready to leave at about 8:30. As the time to leave approaches i start to feelthe anxiety coming on....i just breathe and think it's the 1st day and then I'll be fine, the first day is always the hardest....
I don't feel like eating but know that if i don't I will wither away...lol
I peel myself a big fat juicy orange fill a big bottle with water and off we go....eating in the car, then I get a text message from my hubby....it says You're going to do GREAT! It was enough...enough to make me realize that I CAN do this, and like it....eventually... :)
I arrive, get myself all changed...and I walk myself to the other side of the gym to the studio where I am welcomed by a mat and weights waiting there with my name on them. The girl the night before said she would love to make me as comfy as possible, so she had set everything up for me that morning, so that I was ready to go....she even joined the class right next to me. So Sweet!
So we get started at 9:30...the lady was awesome so energetic, and full of laughs, of course when she asks if we have any newbies, it is only I who's hand goes up...lol
So for the next hour I will experience pain like I have never felt....in a long time...and exhilaration that I made it through...barely.
My muscles were doing the shimmy and shake probably about 20-25 mins into the class, but I just did the best I could and took a break whenever I needed, the instructor was good to keep an eye and help if I needed it, whether it be my stance or balance...or shall I say lack there of. So I made it though the class, and went home.
I was starving....for the rest of the day it felt like I was not eating enough...but mostly I was just trying to make sure I was drinking enough water.
My legs and butt were sore.....VERY sore, especially by the night.
No pain no gain...back to the gym tomorrow...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment