Well first off I must give a huge thank you to Jenn (jesube) for sharing the story of her dad and now this marathon she is about to embark on. It has really hit home for me, as well as inspired me to the point of wanting to get off my a**.
My family has a history of cancer, and personally I have had a scare of my own. I have lots of trouble with my GI, terrible anxiety as well as asthma. My my husband is a huge advocate for what being physically active/going to the gym and working out can do for a person...on so many levels. And has been on my case to "try" for years.
Yes, I am a mom of 2 and have had my share of chasing them around, but now they are a bit older and I am finding that I am doing less and less that is physically challenging. I know there is some activity in a daily routine, but not enough. And to add to it my husband and I opened our own company this last year and I am finding I sit ALOT in from of my computer.
I want to change things...I do, I am finding I am not feeling fullfilled in my life and I should be I have accomplished alot, some big some small.
I feel that this is the best place for me to start this change. Ever since I hung myself out there on Cmom's not to long ago, I fell I belong somewhere..for the 1st time. I think I could really benefit from journaling on here, and maybe even help someone else. There is power in numbers...right?
"GoodGirl" posted a thread today asking if we feel we have failed by not having a career. It got me thinking...As long as I can remember I have wanted to be a nurse, and I had every intention of doing it. But honestly we have had so many things change the road for us that it hasn't happened...yet! I will do it someday, even if I am 70 years old and don't have my own teeth anymore, I will do it!
With that being said as parents we make sure that we feed our kids the best we can, take care of them the best we are able, their well being is first and foremost...but tell me this, why do we not take that care of ourselves...or if you do why do we feel so guilty about it?
I must confess going to the gym does not excite me at all, but I think it is what I need...I have an elliptical trainer staring me in the face everyday/allday and I have yet to use it. I can find 100 other things to do, but how can I honestly think I could be a great nurse and take care of yet more people and not do that for myself.
So here I am asking for the love and support of my fellow mommies to cheer me on & help me keep going...I called a gym today to try it out to see if this is "the one"...and I will keep trying til I find one that fits. Fortunately Airdire is growing so much there are a few choices, so that it won't be required to drive all the way to Calgary.
Phew!! That was alot...thank you for reading...
My family has a history of cancer, and personally I have had a scare of my own. I have lots of trouble with my GI, terrible anxiety as well as asthma. My my husband is a huge advocate for what being physically active/going to the gym and working out can do for a person...on so many levels. And has been on my case to "try" for years.
Yes, I am a mom of 2 and have had my share of chasing them around, but now they are a bit older and I am finding that I am doing less and less that is physically challenging. I know there is some activity in a daily routine, but not enough. And to add to it my husband and I opened our own company this last year and I am finding I sit ALOT in from of my computer.
I want to change things...I do, I am finding I am not feeling fullfilled in my life and I should be I have accomplished alot, some big some small.
I feel that this is the best place for me to start this change. Ever since I hung myself out there on Cmom's not to long ago, I fell I belong somewhere..for the 1st time. I think I could really benefit from journaling on here, and maybe even help someone else. There is power in numbers...right?
"GoodGirl" posted a thread today asking if we feel we have failed by not having a career. It got me thinking...As long as I can remember I have wanted to be a nurse, and I had every intention of doing it. But honestly we have had so many things change the road for us that it hasn't happened...yet! I will do it someday, even if I am 70 years old and don't have my own teeth anymore, I will do it!
With that being said as parents we make sure that we feed our kids the best we can, take care of them the best we are able, their well being is first and foremost...but tell me this, why do we not take that care of ourselves...or if you do why do we feel so guilty about it?
I must confess going to the gym does not excite me at all, but I think it is what I need...I have an elliptical trainer staring me in the face everyday/allday and I have yet to use it. I can find 100 other things to do, but how can I honestly think I could be a great nurse and take care of yet more people and not do that for myself.
So here I am asking for the love and support of my fellow mommies to cheer me on & help me keep going...I called a gym today to try it out to see if this is "the one"...and I will keep trying til I find one that fits. Fortunately Airdire is growing so much there are a few choices, so that it won't be required to drive all the way to Calgary.
Phew!! That was alot...thank you for reading...

No comments:
Post a Comment